What is Counselling?
Counselling is a safe and confidential engagement between
counsellor and client to promote mental health and wellbeing, enhanced
self-understanding and to resolve identified concerns to make positive
As a qualified counsellor I am professionally trained to work with you to
help identify goals and potential solutions to problems that may cause
spiritual, mental, emotional or physical turmoil.
Common reasons to see a Counsellor:
- Are you feeling stuck in your life?
- Do you often feel anxious?
- Are you often feeling moody or unhappy?
- Do you have trouble sleeping?
- Do you feel angry a lot of the time?
- Are you having trouble controlling your emotions?
- Are you a child from a broken home?
- Do you have a negative voice in your head holding you back?
- Do you have trouble liking who you see in the mirror?
- Are you carrying unprocessed grief and trauma?
- Are you working at a job you dislike but you can't leave?
- Are you making life decisions from a foundation of fear?
- Are you in positive, healthy relationships?
- Are you able to speak up for yourself?
- Do you feel confident in making decisions for yourself?
Counselling can help you to:
- Seek and find clarity in certain areas of your life, including what you want.
- Focus on resilience and personal growth.
- Recognise and challenge negative though patterns.
- Learn what complex emotions are and how to work through them.
- Learn new techniques to cope with difficult situations.
- Support when going through major life events, such as career changes, divorce.
- Understanding depression.
- Understand the affects of grief and bereavement and how to work through them.
- Work through traumatic experiences.
- Learn how to safely process anger and forgiveness processes.
- Feelings of isolation and loneliness.
- Help with relationships.
- Marital counselling.
- Addiction counselling.
- You just feel like you want to talk to someone.
Clients that benefit the most from counselling with me are;
- Ready to have an honest look into your life.
- You want to find out what your purpose in life is.
- You’re ready to investigate how your life choices have created your current situation.
- You’re ready to evaluate patterns of behaviour that are holding you back.
- You’re ready to work through limiting beliefs.
- You want to have meaningful positive relationships
- You want to grow and find your version of health and happiness.